How do I prepare my database for importing to Paper Tiger Online?
How do I Prepare my Database for Paper Tiger Online?
In order to import your existing database into Paper Tiger Online, you will have to make sure of a couple of things before you upload your database. Follow this guide from start to finish. You will first clear all pending items from your database, and then create a backup file to upload to Paper Tiger Online.
1. Clear all pending transfers
In order to clear all pending transfers, do the following:
- Open The Paper Tiger
- Click on the "Confirm" button
- Either confirm or cancel all the pending transfers
2. Make sure your backup file is smaller than 6mb
To make sure your backup file is small enough for uploading, follow these steps:
- Go to File > Database Backup Manager
- Make sure you select "Create New Backup File" for the type of backup
- Click on the "Backup Database" button
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 one more time. This will create 2 new backup files as seen here:
- Now select the second to last backup file entry and click the "Archive Backup File" button
- Choose a place to save your backup file. We suggest you save it on your desktop so that you can find it later!
Now that you have the latest backup file and you know where to find it, you should be ready to import your database into Paper Tiger Online by clicking the Browse button to find the database you just archived. Then name the new database in the space provided. Then click Import my old database button.
If you have trouble or the import fails, please export your database to .CSV format. See this knowledge base for how to export a Paper Tiger database to .CSV file. Then click on the link below to Contact our Support Team or email your database to email@example.com. If you click the link below, you will be redirected to a page where you can File a ticket (or open a tech support ticket) and attach your CSV database file by clicking the Attach Files button. Be sure to input the email in which your Paper Tiger Online account is under. We will import your database for you.